Globe Property Management and our Broadway Maintenance division requires an energetic, focused and career-minded Health and Safety Coordinator that will work closely with all levels of management, employees, and trades within the office, shops, multi-residential & commercial building environments to ensure safe work practices and policies are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of health and safety programs, policies, or procedures to ensure compliance with the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act, and other applicable legislation.
- Oversee the administrative management of health and safety at work in all facilities, including the maintenance and updating of the policies and procedures.
- Address potential health and safety concerns by inspecting, auditing, or investigating the workplace proactively and based on concerns raised by employees, supervisors, or health and safety committees.
- Ensure staff completes workplace health and safety audits as required.
- Recommend solutions to the appropriate management level and follow up to ensure compliance.
- Maintain the asbestos management system and inspections.
- Maintain records for internal and external workplace health and safety reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the activities of the occupational health and safety committees, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements. Act as a resource member of the committees, as required.
- Provide strong leadership in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS).
- Manage disability programs to ensure that employees receive appropriate benefits and employees return to work from disabilities are managed effectively.
- Maintain COR status.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the field of Workplace Health and Safety.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety or equivalent.
- National Construction Safety Officer Designation (NSCO).
- COR Auditor Certification.
- Possess current First Aid certificate. Priority given to those that can facilitate First Aid training in-house.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace health and safety issues.
- In-depth understanding of MB WHS legislation and regulation, specifically regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office; Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Ability to maintain asbestos management systems.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License – clean abstract.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Must possess current First Aid Certificate and be able to train team members in first aid.
Globe Property Management offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and benefits.
Please note that in-person office/worksite attendance, attending to tenants/applicants in-person, carpooling with co-workers to properties or events, and in-person attendance at any events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your job the expectation is that you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Qualified applicants should respond to this posting with their cover letter including salary expectations and resume.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those candidates potentially selected for an interview will be contacted.