Headquartered in Winnipeg, Globe Property Management is an independently owned investment firm with more than 6000 units in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Ottawa, and Montreal. Our company is committed to consistent growth in real estate investment, development and management sectors.
Our mission is to exceed expectations in client and employee satisfaction and to maximize the value and quality of our properties.
Globe is currently looking to fill a full-time Property Manager position within our Winnipeg portfolio.
Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Property Manager in residential and commercial property management. Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Yardi Property Management software or similar systems. Applicants must have REIC Designation or be working towards obtaining it. Preference will also be given to CPMs or CPM candidates.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a blended Residential & Commercial portfolio
- New lease and renewal lease negotiations, including preparation and distribution of all lease and legal documents
- Work with leasing agents to analyze market conditions to assist in determining fair and marketable rates for area
- Completion and/or review of individual building year end rent participations to determine tenant’s individual proportionate share of building costs
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets
- Complete monthly variance reports
- Schedule & oversee capital projects
- Secure quotes for major projects (where necessary)
- Conduct inspections of property and address any concerns noted
- Tenant relations
- Manage and control advertising budgets
- Attend Residential Tenancies Board & Residential Tenancies Commission hearings and/or appeals (including preparation of files) for all claims
- Establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research & rent averaging where possible
- Marketing of any vacancies/showing of vacancies/process of applications
- Complete inspection of all suites becoming vacant to determine work needed to upgrade suite for an incoming tenant or where work is requested in order to maintain tenancy at renewal; negotiate with the tenant to secure renewal when necessary
- Responsible for the hiring and training Resident Managers, Cleaners, and Maintenance personnel
- Administrative duties include lease administration, deposits, reconciliations, collections, etc.
Successful candidates must be highly motivated self-starters with experiencing in managing personnel. Able to effectively multi-task and be able to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and matters, deal intuitively with any situation and work under minimal supervision.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, respond to this ad with your cover letter including salary expectations and resume.