About the Position
Globe is looking for an Assistant Property Manager to cover a 13-month maternity leave term at a 278-unit building in the Westwood area of Winnipeg.
Applicants must have at least two (2) years of experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Yardi Property Management software or similar systems. Preference will also be given to CPM’s or CPM candidates.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Property Manager, and will be responsible for handling the daily management of the following:
- The apartment building(s)
- The building’s leasing activities
- Maintaining strong resident/landlord relations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Help prepare and maintain annual budgets throughout the year
- Complete monthly variance reports
- Schedule & oversee capital projects with the property manager
- Secure quotes for major projects, when necessary
- Conduct property inspections, and address any concerns
- Resident relations
- Manage and control advertising budgets
- Attend Residential Tenancies Board & Residential Tenancies Commission hearings and/or appeals (includes preparation of files).
- Establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research & rent averaging, where possible.
- Marketing units and showing suites.
- Process applications (this includes potentially reaching out to the applicant for more information, or to confirm information received).
- Inspect all newly vacant suites to determine if work is needed, or if upgrades need to be done, or in such cases where work is requested to maintain tenancy at renewal.
- Responsible for assisting in the hiring and training of resident managers, cleaners, and maintenance personnel.
Successful candidates must be
- Highly motivated self-starters with experience in managing personnel.
- Able to effectively multi-task and be able to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and matters
- Deal intuitively with any situation and work under minimal supervision.
- Able to provide a clear criminal record check.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
To apply, please respond to this ad with a cover letter including salary expectations, and resume.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.