Winnipeg: Assistant Property Manager-Fort GarryJob Description:
Headquartered in Winnipeg, Globe Property Management is an independently owned investment firm with more than 6000 units in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Ottawa, and Montreal. Our company is committed to consistent growth in the real estate investment, development and management sectors.
Our mission is to exceed expectations in client and employee satisfaction and to maximize the value and quality of our properties.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Globe is currently looking to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position at a 170+ unit building in the Fort Garry area of Winnipeg.
Applicants must have at least two years’ experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Yardi Property Management software or similar systems. Preference will also be given to CPM’s or CPM candidates.
- This position will report directly to the Property Manager and be responsible for handling the daily management of the apartment building(s), lease activities and maintain strong tenant and landlord relations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets
- Complete monthly variance reports
- Schedule and oversee capital projects
- Secure quotes for major projects (when necessary)
- Conduct property inspections and address any concerns noted
- Tenant relations.
- Manage and control advertising budgets
- Attend Residential Tenancies Board and Residential Tenancies Commission hearings and/or appeals; includes file preparation for all claims.
- Establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research and rent averaging where possible.
- Marketing and showing of any vacancies; application processing
- Complete inspection of all suites with upcoming vacancies to determine if upgrades are needed; or where work is requested in order to maintain tenancy at renewal.
- Negotiate with tenants to secure renewals when necessary.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of Resident Managers, cleaners, and maintenance personnel.
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with experience in managing personnel. They must also be able to effectively multi-task, prioritize time-sensitive tasks and matters, handle situations intuitively, and work with minimal supervision.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.