Winnipeg: Assistant Property Management-St. JamesJob Description:
Headquartered in Winnipeg, Globe Property Management is an independently owned investment firm with more than 6000 units in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Ottawa, and Montreal. Our company is committed to consistent growth in real estate investment, development and management sectors.
Our mission is to exceed expectations in client and employee satisfaction and to maximize the value and quality of our properties.
About the Position
Globe is currently looking to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position at a 278-unit building in the St. James/Westwood area of Winnipeg.
Must have at least 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Yardi Property Management software or similar systems. Preference will also be given to CPM’s or CPM candidates.
- This position will report directly to the Property Manager and be responsible for handling the daily management of the apartment building(s), lease activities and maintain strong tenant and landlord relations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Help prepare annual budgets & maintain throughout the year
- Complete monthly variance Reports
- Schedule & oversee capital projects with the Property Manager
- Secure quotes for major projects (where necessary)
- Conduct inspections of property and address any concerns noted
- Tenant relations
- Manage and control advertising budgets
- Attend Residential Tenancies Board & Residential Tenancies Commission hearings and/or appeals, including preparation of files, for all claims
- Establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research & rent averaging where possible
- Marketing of any vacancies/showing of vacancies/process of applications
- Complete inspection of all suites becoming vacant to determine work needed to upgrade suite for incoming tenants or where work is requested in order to maintain tenancy at renewal; negotiate with the tenant to secure renewal when necessary
- Responsible for assisting in hiring and training of Resident Managers, Cleaners, and Maintenance personnel.
Successful candidates must be highly motivated self-starters with experiencing in managing personnel. Able to effectively multi-task and be able to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and matters, deal intuitively with any situation and work under minimal supervision. Able to provide a clear criminal record check.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please respond to this ad with cover letter including salary expectations and Resume.
Thank you to all applicants, only those potentially selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.