A great location and high quality space are critical when looking for a new rental home or commercial lease. Just as important is the relationship you have with your management company.
We treat tenant satisfaction very seriously, which shows in our high lease renewal rate. Astute investment, acquisition and modern energy efficient practices give Globe the financial strength to have a much higher rate of reinvestment per unit than the industry average. That, along with our efforts to meet all the needs of our tenants, makes our rental properties some of the most sought after.
These are some of the Globe services our tenants value most:
- Our online apartment search, including our mobile app that keeps you updated on the latest vacancies. Our application process can be completed online as well.
- Easy payment options such as TenantPay and automatic withdrawal.
- Convenient online maintenance request and tenant feedback forms.
- Broadway Construction, Globe’s dedicated construction/maintenance division, which provides prompt, professional service.
- Trained and courteous onsite resident managers.
- Regular upgrades to buildings, both structural and mechanical, to ensure energy efficiency and maximum comfort.
- Pet and smoke-free environments for the comfort and safety of all of our tenants.
- 24-hour application approval process.
Smoke-Free Environment Policy
In October, 2006 we were the first landlord in Canada to implement a smoke-free policy in all of our buildings. The policy applies to anyone moving into a Globe property as of its implementation date and includes suites, balconies and all common areas. A smoke-free policy means a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for our tenants.
Globe has been a leader in environmentally sustainable practices and products for many years resulting in a number of energy saving efficiencies. We are proud to say we’ve been participants in the Manitoba Hydro PowerSmart program since its inception.
Some of our initiatives include the following:
- Parking lot controllers
- Demand control devices to lower peak demand
- Energy efficient common area lighting
- Smart plugs for all parking lots
- A retrofit of all laundry equipment to high efficiency washers and dryers
- A retrofit of all in-suite lighting in our Winnipeg portfolio involving replacement of more than 30,000 incandescent bulbs with high efficiency CFL bulbs
- Increased R-value on all roofs replaced
- A window replacement program to new, high efficiency triple pane windows
- Building envelope upgrades
- Installation of building ventilation systems
- A boiler replacement program to replace all mid-efficiency boilers with high efficiency boilers
- A boiler replacement program to high efficiency boilers